Oct 20, 2014

Art Repeats - Artists Cafe

I was reading some old posts, and saw that almost a year ago I announced that a piece of art was being published again in Artists Café.

Well, folks, I have been blessed again and just got a notification that another piece will be featured:


Your article “The Man Who Flew too Close to the Sun,” which appeared in the March 2012 issue of Somerset Apprentice, has been chosen to appear in Artists’ Café 2014, a annual publication in which we revisit the best of Somerset mixed-media.


How cool is that? I found this picture of the piece (and it is not the best picture). I only wish I knew where the altered book was... Somewhere in storage...



I have been looking to submit again. I keep checking the Stampington site for calls and challenges. It's inspiring and intimidating at the same time, you know?

In that same vein, I recently made some tags and tag kits, and listed them on Etsy. In all honesty, I'm pretty sure they won't EVER sell, as there is so much on Etsy (it used to be a cool place for handmade art, now it's a place for resellers and not-so-handmade art). But, it was kind of a challenge to myself to start doing again. It's the doing that's important.

“Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.”
Andy Warhol



However, if you're interested, buying is good too.




 
Enjoy.

No comments: