Sep 3, 2009

Missing My Friend



I'm sure all of you out there have these days- when you miss someone acutely. I miss Tammy today.

I was getting dressed this morning, and pulled out a pair of jeans she gave me on our trip to the Farm Chicks show. It was sort of startling to realize that almost 3 months have passed since we went. Time really does fly by, in leaps and bounds. When no one is watching. The summer is gone, and fall is fast approaching. I just heard geese honking as they flew by this morning. Are they heading south so soon?
Then I pulled out the belt I bought there, with the cool buckle I got from Lisa. Then put on the earrings Tammy made me for our Girls Weekend. It made me miss Tammy all the more.



Again, as I've said before. Tammy and I have a special bond and deep love for each other. We met, so many years ago, at Rosemont College. We became close, lived together, and ultimately have stayed together through thick and thin. We hoped to live near each other, but that's not in the cards, right now anyway. We have both said that when we are older, we'll live together in a little house at the beach. Sounds like heaven. Love you girl!

7 comments:

Tam said...

Lee
Great Post for your Friend! I also have a BFF that we plan on living near the water in a little house when we are OLD...MAYBE We will live in the HOUSE next door to you and your BFF!

Lori said...

what a sweet post about your friend:) i teared up a little bit reading this Lee...i hope you and Tammy get your little house on the beach some day...

Julie Pishny said...

What would we do without our girlfriends - and the bittersweet feeling of missing someone you love - a blessing and a curse all rolled up into one - so like life in general...

You girls are in inspiration to me and I hope to travel to the Farm Chicks show in the coming year - it just looked like so much fun and I have been a fan for years.

Here's hoping you girls can arrange a mini break together soon.

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Lee....you two are like peas and carrots....hugs and love, Dawn

The Other Side of Me said...

Hey Baby!!!!

Thanks for the sweetest post and I MISS YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!! You may be many miles away, but you are with me no matter where I go, especially junkin'!

We have to start thinking about where we want to go next year and it is never too early to start gathering data on the best beach community in the US.. LOL!!!

Love you,
T

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

As long as you have that little house on the beach to look forward to you can handle it.

Good friends are a rare, I'm glad you have such a nice one.

cinnibonbon said...

Ahh that's a great post for your BFF!!! You are very lucky to have each other. Everyone needs a friend like the both of you. Someone with share interests and visions. You both rock!!