Oct 29, 2008

Some Favorite Things

I love browsing through flea markets and thrift stores. I find myself attracted to certain things, but I'm not always sure why. My sister and I used to go to the local auction house once or twice a month- but that was way back before we had kids! Now, it's just too hard with the kids running loose. But, I have to say, some of the best stuff comes in box lots.


Anyway, look at these spoons. There's really nothing special about them, but as soon as I saw them, I scooped them up. I don't know what I'll do with them, but I just love their patina.


I've had these old dresses for a long time. I bought them at an auction in Maryland. The owner has passed away, and the family was cleaning the hosue out. The auctioneer was holding up the long, gorgeous Christening dress, and no one knew what it was! Guess there aren't many Catholics down this way!




I bought these four small dishes for a dollar each- can you believe it? I love roses.



And, as I've mentioned before, I love metal doo-dads.


What do you love?

hugs- Lee

3 comments:

Sea Dream Studio said...

Hi Lee~ What a sweet blog you have!
I LOVE your tissue and net roses!!
hugs~dale

cinnibonbon said...

Girl...You've got an eye for this stuff!!! Love the gown and the key holes...too too awesome..

Me likey!!!

Sea Angels said...

Oh Lee I love all of these the dresses the bowls, and the locks....huh!! I am well green now
Hugs Lynn xx