Jun 22, 2009

In Case You Were Wondering

The music playing on my blog is from the the soundtrack of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Isn't it wonderful? I love this movie, and have probably seen it 15 times. Well, actually, bits and piecs of it, when the kids watch it. But I watched it in it's entirety the other night, and remembered how much I liked it. The scenery and the score are amazing.

Wikipedia has a great deal of information on C.S. Lewis. A Christian convert later in his life, it has been said that this particular installation of the Narnia tales was based on Christ.

Lewis... preferred to call the Christian aspects of them "suppositional".

In reality, however, he (Aslan) is an invention giving an imaginary answer to the question, 'What might Christ become like if there really were a world like Narnia, and He chose to be incarnate and die and rise again in that world as He actually has done in ours?' This is not allegory at all.
Like any good movie or book, it's filled with archetypal figures: the hero, the martyr, the unbeliever, the innocent, the traitor, the evil one, and the savior.
I love the casting and costuming of the White Witch (Tilda Swinson). The costume department must have had a blast doing it! Especially in the battle scene, where she's driving the pair of polar bears. Magical!



Rent it and enjoy it! hugs- Lee

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We just watched this again this weekend and I noticed how Tilda had them shave Aslan before they sacrificed him, then she wore the mane around her neck later..
it reminded me of the story of "The Robe" and really hit me this last time watching the movie!

I just read "Till We HAve Faces" bu CS LEWIS and the allegory and types of Christ, and the lack of faith by those who don't have the eyes to see, is presented in a very interesting way. It was a plesaure to read and discuss woth my book club.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

OH, MY GOODNESS!!! i ABSOLUTELY LOVE the music - i've not seem the film but have wanted to for a long time - might you let me know your thoughts on age range for children to view it? had wanted to get it for some of my grandchildren but wasn't sure of content scenes - anyawy, love the sound - and the images are absolutely divine!!! thanks so much for sharing - oh, one more thing with which i am sorry to bother you - could you give me any clue about how to go about downloading music onto my blog? i want it to play like yours, without the reader having to click it on - my novice level skills are showing i know - your kindness with any suggestions is more than appreciated - thank you so much! jenean

cinnibonbon said...

I've not had the chance to watch this at all. I would so love to, maybe I should shoot for this week. The kiddo is away so that will let me listen intently!! Know what I mean?

Fabulous music indeed.

PS...it was great chatting with you today!