Feb 27, 2010

Nurse Fabric Collage

I recently began participating in K.C. Willis' online class at Collage Camp. Via video, K.C. takes you step-by-step through the creation of her signature fabric collages. To do this class, I had to go and get fabric. Some I found at thrift stores, some I bought on sale (because you know I got rid of a lot of fabric before moving, of course). Then I coffee stained it and jumped in.

This is how "Mercy" turned out. There still still may be some fine tuning. My next collage is already started.
Next, I will apply everything I've learned in K.C.'s Marketing Mindset, and get my art out there. That's my goal for 2010, to get out there.

So, let me know your thoughts. And Mercy is for sale, just email me.

Hugs- Lee

15 comments:

Lori said...

LEE!!! that is absolutely stunning!!! i love all of your fabric choices...gorgeous image...and those flower embellishments...it really is so beautiful!!!

Lee Weber said...

thank you Lori!

Dorthe said...

Lee, It is beautifull, love it, and it is a wonderfull workshop, there with KC

Karen said...

Lee,
I love love love it!!! You should be so pleased. I have wanted to take one of KC's classes but haven't done it yet. How inspiring!

The Feathered Nest said...

I just LOVE IT Lee!!!! Your collage is so, so gorgeous sweetie....and I love it's message ~ just beautiful, hugs and love, Dawn

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Amazing, once again. You have a real talent, being able to put things togeter in a pleasing way.

natalea said...

what a beautiful piece!! I love fabric collages, and this is perfection!
Have a great Sunday Lee!

xox nat

KC Willis said...

So proud of you! Beautiful work. xxoo

Lisa said...

This is such a beautiful piece.. I love the roses and the brown lace together.
My sister in law is a nurse and I've made her a few things for her office...it's a wonderful profession.

The Other Side of Me said...

Lee,

This came out so fantastic. I can't wait to take KC's class at Chickadee Creek Farms very soon!!!

Love it.

T

cinnibonbon said...

Oh my! girl--that is just amazing!!! Hot damn--for sure you are ready "to get out there". I love that you made that your new goal. That's serious guts baby--I admire it!

Secondhandrose said...

Wow, that class looks so interesting. Has it really been worth the money or more importantly EASY to follow? I'd love your opinion. Come for a visit.

karen

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Lee- it looks os beautilful!
I can't wait to see what else you learn and share!

Twig said...

Those are so cute! So glad I stumbled on your blog :) Excited to follow! :)

Jana
http://twigdecor.blogspot.com