Mar 11, 2008

Obsessed!


What are you obsessed with? I've always loved to drive around the countryside and look at the old farmhouses. I get that from my mom- she loves it too. I like to try to peek into the windows as we drive by, imagining the lives of the people, past and present. What are the rooms like? Are there old rugs on the floors? What does it smell like? Are the ceilings high or low? You get what I mean.

So I've been trying to find some old photos to play with. And I did, and this is my latest project. I'm going to do a series of 4 ATCS, based on season. I did the first today, called Vernal Equinox.

I also experimented with doing an ink jet transfer- my new favorite!!! What a cool result. These two are done on an old linen napkin, complete with my mom's inititals in one of the corners. I'm thinking small pillows, or maybe something frame-able. Like a collage or something.
What do you think?

8 comments:

Dona said...

I think I want you to do that for me, of my house for my husband for Christmas!


Dona

Vera said...

Very cool Lee!

Susan Tuttle said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! I too love old farmhouses.

I will have to try your Reeses popcorn combo - it sounds so yummy!

Susan
xo

Eileen said...

I love farmhouses too and old houses in general. Great idea Lee! I love the sprig of leaves on the first one. Eileen

The Other Side of Me said...

Okay, educate. What is an ATCS? Great job with the ink jet transfer on the linen napkin, way too cool! Miss you!
Tam

cinnibonbon said...

Those transfers are AMAZING!!! What a fabulous idea. I may just have to steal that from you. Why do they look so different, is it the technique or was it just the orginial picture differences..if that makes sense.
I should be able to go to getaway

jet1960 said...

I love the atc, so beautiful! And the transfers are as well! Would you mind sharing what technique you used? I've not yet tried transfers on fabric, but the few I've tried on paper have not been successful. BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the wax process.

Jill

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Lee! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your great comments on my new paintings and good wishes for my dad! I too have an old building passion. Whenever I see an abandonned battered house, I must take pictures of it and visit it. Your vernal equinox assemblage is beautiful! Take care, LuLu