Mar 20, 2008

Spring!

Well, it's almost officially Spring... halleluja! The bluebirds have been here for awhile, and the robins arrived a week or two ago. I even heard some spring peepers last night! I love that sound. It reminds me of living at home, with the creek and pond nearby, and all of the croaky, gurgly sounds that went with them. My crocus, hyacinth, tulips and daffodils are starting to bloom. My lovely peonies are peeking their sleepy heads up. So are the irises. Wow- how I love to garden! I may even give a vegetable garden a try this year, but with all of the deer around here, it's kind of a gamble. If anyone out there has some tips, send them my way!

Easter is fast approaching this weekend. The boys have the cutest outfits and fresh haircuts. Add something fresh to your home and head on over to the shoppe and grab some goodies- most of which have been marked down.

Tammy and I are working furiously to get our inventory up. We're both trying new things- fabric transfers for me and jewelry for her. Mother's Day will keep us busily crafting!

Happy Easter and Spring to all of you out there!

hugs- Lee

3 comments:

The Other Side of Me said...

When these flowers finally bloom, please take pics and post them. Your garden should really be maturing by now. I am sure it will be beautiful.

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Lee! I will give you advice about starting plants from seeds anytime! Last year I start giant dahlias from seeds, just got a cheap packet at the $1 store and planted them. Wow! I had about BIG plants growing and all of them were flowering in the middle of July! My trick is I germinate a lot of my seeds before putting them in the soil. I soak them overnight, then disperse them on a humid paper towel, roll the paper towell and place it in a zip bag until they germinate. You must check every day to aerate your seeds so they don't rot or mold. Once they have a good shoot, I plant them in individual containers and set the containers under a regular neon light (cold and warm neon lights together is the best). I had tons of jalapenos last year started from seeds too, from the $1 store and grew about 60 BIG plants from two packs of seeds! You are lucky your garden season has already started, mine is still under about 3 feet of snow! Take care, LuLu

cinnibonbon said...

Happy Easter!!!
Oh how I would love to hear some peepers around here too!