Feb 24, 2009

Sneak Peek

I bought this 45 album at Good Will about a year ago for $1. As soon as I saw it, I snapped it up, knowing it would be altered at some point. It is bound like a scrapbook album, with the metal post and screw. It's missing one, so if anyone out there knows where I can get one, PLEASE email me.
The covers are missing, so I had to make them. I used some flat canvases that I had. They've been sitting for a year too... Anyway, I had to figure out how to attach them to the album. First I used duct tape, which was awesome. But it wouldn't flex enough. So, I ended up sewing some seem binding to the backside of the canvas and the cardboard strip (left from the original cover). It gives it more bending room- let's just hope it stay intact.


I am still not telling the song I chose, but I will show you the cover. I turned Chris Cornell into the man on the moon.

I printed an image out and used it for inspiration. How'd I do?

Get your thinking caps on girls, this is going into the mail soon.....
hugs- Lee

5 comments:

The Other Side of Me said...

Lee,

You are so damn clever. It looks awesome. I hope I don't disappoint you on my book!!!

Love,
T

Lori said...

that looks awesome Lee!!!

cinnibonbon said...

Thanks Lee for all your thoughts of kindness!!! XOXO

Now for this awesomeness...way to go..I love this

The Feathered Nest said...

OMG!! This album is so amazing!!! I love it, Lee ~ and what a wonderful idea to use the record album for the foundation of your piece...I can't wait to meet you, Tammy and everyone! You girls sound like you are so very much fun! Have a great weekend Lee :) ~ xxoo, Dawn

Julie Pishny said...

You nailed it! Your altered book is going to be so out there cool - or crispy fresh as my 16 year old says....loving your book, can't wait to jump in.