I have been feeling the need to be creative lately. Painting and gluing are very soothing for me. They are magical de-stressors. But it's hard to do right now, everything in boxes... but that's why I need to get messy and full of paint and glitter. The other problem is that I have no direction right now.
So, I read one of my favorite blogs this morning, Ornamental, and Nina has embarked on writing 55 things, for reasons of her own. Very interesting reasons... go see. I love her blog, love her writing style. After reading her blog, I often have words and ideas swirling in my head, stream of conciousness, snippets of poems, thoughts. I don't write them here- thinking you, dear reader, may not be interested. But, that may change my friends, I'm warning you...
So, since I am 42, I am going to write 42 things. It may start here and end here. Or maybe not. It might take me awhile.
1. I am 42 years old. I am not happy that my face and body are aging.
2. The changes I see lately aren't pretty. Stress makes my face and lips thin and pale.
3. I am happy, sort of. I like who I am. Like my creativity. Like my profession.
4. I am wondering WHY OH WHY did I agree to move? I am not happy here. No yet, anyway.
5. I have spent a life time making the same mistake over and over again- the idea that I must be fair to everyone. Have I made that mistake again??
6. I need to excercise and workout.
7. It's too cold to even be outside, much less take a walk.
8. Maybe I'll just run the stairs in my house- I have enough of them!
9. I want to really launch a business this year.
10. I want 300 followers, each of them loving my blog and shops, buying up the lovely things I find or create.
11. I am excited about KC Willis' online workshop to help get me there.
12. Is it hubris to want to be a household/online name?
13. I love being a nurse. Taking care of people has it's own rewards.
14. I love taking care of really really sick people. It's an adrenaline rush.
15. My last boss was really awful. It made working painful. It caused all sorts of physical problems. I was scared to go to work every single day. Why is it so many really unqualified people are in management? My last boss should be fired. Seriously.
16. I hated my last job. It was super busy, but not challenging enough.
17. I sometimes think that I should take less-demanding job, so I have more time and energy to be a good mother and wife.
18. I am not getting any younger.
19. I love my husband, really, truly and deeply love him. He is my rock, my solace, my funny bone. I get him. He gets me. Mostly.
20. Good friends are hard to come by.
OK, more later. What's your list going to have on it? hugs- Lee