I haven't been posting too much lately, mostly because I am in full throttle "fix this house" mode! I have been spackling, sanding, and painting. There is a small bedroom adjacent to ours that I painted Valspar Autumn Fog. Originally, I bought it for the dining room, but it looked gun metal gray- like institutional gray. UGH.So, why would I use it in that room? Well, because our room is black and white, and this room was cream- banged up, dingy, too-yellow cream. I needed something that I could paint this room and the adjacent bathroom with and to tie the two together, as well as look good with the color of the bedroom. That way, a buyer will see that with a little renovation, the two rooms could be turned into a large bath and walk in closet... hehehe, clever huh?
Anyway, I painted the trim white, then the walls this gray. Imagine my surprise when after getting it on the walls, it took on a distinct blue-lavender tone! It looks clean and sharp and SO
much better. Why oh why
did I wait almost 2.5 years to do this?? Because we're moving, of course! That being said, I will post pictures later, because it is dark here at 0430 and I can't get good photos. (Why am I up so early? That's a whole story in itself).
So, I know you are waiting with baited breath- about the sticking the nose out part. OK, here ya go:
Yes, this really is my pony with a (tender) nose full of porcupine quills, but it is also a metaphor for taking risks. Lately, I find myself waning philosophical about things, and wanting to post about them. But, sticking your nose out means you might get thorns (or quills). I have to tell you, I am getting some weird vibes lately.
Well, let me just put this out there.
1. This is my blog, I'll say what I want. I post about art, my kids, farm life, and the like.
2. You don't live my life. You don't know how hard these past two years have been. You don't know because you aren't me
. The bottom line is- I'm not happy here. I don't want to be here, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that.
3. See previous post about A. Reserve judgement and be kind.
4. I do the best I can. I am often alone, in a place I'd rather not be. I am juggling daycare, and school, and kids, and farm, and animals, and work, And somewhere in there, I am trying to keep myself sane.
5. I get perspective every day at work, trust me. I know I am luckier than a lot of people. But it doesn't mean that I don't hurt, that I'm not lonely, that I am not tired of all of this. Sometimes the caretaker needs TLC too.
What you may not realize is that I say gratitude prayers every day. I notice lots of little things in my life, and am grateful for them. I keep a list of htem. I am not all complaining, I just need vent at times. I am human, with a heart that could use some love and friendship too.
So, be brave, and stick your nose out! I am.