Jul 7, 2009

A Weekend Well Spent

Saturday we took a long drive up to Saugerties, NY, to join my family at a horse show. My parents and my sister have Welsh ponies. The weather was magnificent. We watched the show Saturday, then stayed for a buffet dinner in the evening. I joined in with kids in some games (designed to keep them busy until dark). The kids then played in the dark, swirling glow sticks, waiting for the big firework show. Unfortunately we left about 3 minutes before they went off. It was after 10 and the kids were tired, and we were tired of waiting. Big bummer! But, we could see some of them from our hotel. And in reality, the kids didn't really care. It took them about 3 minutes to fall asleep.

Here are some photos of the family. No pony pictures, though... guess you could say they had a good show! Go check out Clarwood Farm. The pony featured on the first page of the website is one of my favorites.





Matthew


Christine



me




check out the sky!

Adam

Adam
Jason
my husband, Chris
Randy, Christine's husband
hugs, Lee

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those family, food, hangout weekends! So glad you had a good time. And by the way, your new profile picture is gorgeous! I love it.

Lori said...

your profile picture IS gorgeous Lee...it sounds like you had great weekend...i was working *sigh*...it was another really stressful one...

cinnibonbon said...

Looks like tons of fun. Love the sky pics too! It's so blue.

Bummer you all were so ppoped out...not a big problem, I'm you all have seen many a fireworks!!
Your boys are so cute!!

PS thanks for the advice. I'll go back to doc this week.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a fun experience and those ribbons! I'm impressed and even more impressed that American flags were there with them.

Glow stick "fireworks" are just right for kids. And like you said, the didn't care.