Sep 14, 2009

You Never Know

Someone out there sent me a really sweet email the other day, letting me know that something I had done had had a great impact on her life. It was very touching, very emotional for me. I found myself actually getting teary-eyed.

At first, I thought, well it wasn't that big of a deal. I didn't want any credit for what seemed like a RAK.


But then I rethought that idea. First, was it really random? Where did the idea come from? I know what my answer is, but what is your's?



Second, maybe I should allow myself a little bit of credit. It's OK to pat myself on the back a little, now and then. It's good for the spirit, for the self-confidence. For me, things have been a bit rough lately. I've been taking a beating at the hands of someone above me, and it's really been stressful. This email was like a salve on my heart. It did me as much good to do the act and hear that it touched someone else, as the good it did this other person.


The moral of my story is to spread goodness whenever you can, you never know how big the impact may be.


OK- off the soap box... go spread some love.

9 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Sometimes it is hard to just accept a compliment and enjoy it for what it is! Good for you, I'm glad you rethought.

Lori said...

that's a nice story Lee!!! being kind is it's own reward...

The Feathered Nest said...

LOVE, LOVE this post Lee...because it's so true and just wonderful!!! You do have a sweet spirit dear friend ~ and don't forget, the goodness always comes back!!! hugs and love, Dawn

Blasé said...

..would someone please pass me the kleenex box!

natalea said...

wonderful. such a great feeling. I'm glad the email came to you when you needed it most!
thanks for sharing the story and I hope things start going better for you Lee. xox natalea

cinnibonbon said...

Ahh Hon..I'm thrilled for you. I'm so glad that you took the compliment and lelt it fill your soul!!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a sweet post. You never know where your influence will end, maybe it never will.

I hope that "someone above you" gets a grip and decides to be nice.

Keep that email and read it again and again. I have a file I call "All Is Well." I put things like that in there and when I'm stressed or blue or think I'm worthless I open it and read everything in there. I have a friend, Pam who is very good at sending "All is well" messages and I am so grateful. Make one for yourself. You won't be sorry.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

hey lady - so sorry i've not been over in a while - your place is such a joy to visit - and good for you on taking some dues for yourself from another - it's something that can be a bit of a lesson to learn to do - in any event, love this post - hope you've a wonderful remainder of the day! jenean

Karen said...

Believe me I know how she feels! I get a smile on my face everytime I look at the goodies you sent!! It was as if you had knew me so well.